Biltong pizzaGavin Smith
Pure biltong indulgence!
- 100 ml passata
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 handful rocket leaves
- 1 large handful mozzarella cheese
- 50 g original sliced biltong (choose peri peri or chilli to that extra heat)
- Initially, preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Then to make the base: Put the flour into a large bowl, then stir in the yeast and salt. Make a well, pour in 300ml warm water and the olive oil and bring together with a wooden spoon until you have a soft, fairly wet dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 mins until smooth. Cover with a tea towel and set aside. You can leave the dough to rise if you like, but it’s not essential for a thin crust.
- To make the sauce mix the pasta and crashed garlic together, leave to one side
- Roll out your dough very thin. Spread a generous layer of tomato and garlic passata onto the pizza.
- Scatter the mozzarella on top , then the biltong
- Put the pizza in the oven for 1/2 hour, or until the crust starts to lift or get too brown
- Remove the pizza from the oven and throw a handful of rocket leaves on top to give it a fresh peppery edge.
- Your dietician wouldn't approve, but we're sure you will!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply